Total Pageviews

Monday 8 October 2012

Some good news...

Abigail 2y 4mnths
Paige 1y 4mnths

We just got back from Johannesburg. Not my favourite city but then I don't really have one! Gimme the bush or small places anytime! However the visit was to attend my son's wedding & to see both of my grand-daughters & all my kids at the same time!

A great time spent, too much food eaten & beer drunk, but what the hell! I met my in-laws for the first time & I think we hit it off quite well!

I also got to get close up & personal with a fully grown Cheetah, my favourite animal, & stood as Best Man for my son - possibly my greatest highlight yet! I can say that even though he subjected me to, what I can only call, a beauty session - hair cut, face massage, shave & something called 'threading' which entailed having my eyebrows (of which I am justly proud & quite attached to) - plucked out using a piece of fine string wielded by a grinning demon going by the name of Ahmed or some such!

The Wedding took place at Game rehabilitation farm called the Farm Inn - great setting with some truly stunning animals! As much as I dislike seeing any animal in a cage or behind wire, I was assured that all these animals were either being rehabilitated for eventual release back into the wild or for sustainable breeding programs - NOT for canned hunting safaris!

Meercats
Oldish Lion Male

   















Spending time with my kids & grand kids was great, seeing as we are separated by an average of 1000Km & contact is normally by Skype or cel phone! I also had time to contemplate my accomplishments - not much beyond three really great people that have shown me courage in the face of adversity, the ability to hold truth & honour above all else & true compassion. In a word, I am extremely proud of my three 'kids'! Unfortunately, kids no more but still held in my heart as my kids.
Next was a trip to a game farm that my son had previously held shares in (see, the genes kick in with the love of the bush! ;) ) where we stayed for a week with a friend of his from the UK. First time visit fro his wife & little girl (Millie or Amelia) who I hope enjoyed it as much as we did!
From L To R Claire,Martin, Millie, Russel, Paige & Jenni
Jan(et), Llew, Russel, Jenni & Paige - doing 'Village People'





'Kay, that's all for now, getting writers cramp in my one finger! Mebbe some more later!

3 comments:

  1. Meercats. All that any post needs. Surely ....? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they great! Laugh a minute them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It's finally started working, look! Llew; I just got an email showing me ye entire last two posts, complete with the photo's!

    Now, that's cool as shite. But, I'm sure I've 'missed' stuff between 'Subscribing By Email' and now.

    Never mind. It seems to have clicked in now. This is great. Because, like you, I can go a long time without going near my Blog. And that's the only place I was finding when You'd posted.

    ReplyDelete