Total Pageviews

Friday 5 July 2013

Sleep is out the window.....

Well, we been & done & got 'im! Shinga has arrived - 980Km round trip to the Northern Cape (first time I've been there * hopefully the last?). Only 6 weeks old when we picked him up & 1,7Kg's of razor sharp teeth & a 4 hour "sleep" clock!
He started out with us as "Tippex" 'cos there were 9 of them in the litter & we needed to remember which one we chose so the breeder stuck a dab of tippex type corrector on his head! He has now been renamed to Shinga - an Ovambo name for a Cheetah - more in hope than anticipation as he does sleep a lot! But, bloody hell, when he wakes up & feels it's playtime (normally about 2 in the morning!) he tends to rip into the nearest member to his mouth. From this you can deduct that he is sleeping in "our" bed! It was either that or no sleep at all as his lungs are well developed & he is obviously missing his old pack.
 Ah well, sleep - who needs it? I weighed him again in 3 days after we arrived back & his weight is up to 3,05 Kg so growing he definitely is!
He has found a home in a carboard box - ONLY during the day! Producing it at bedtime creates a major panic so we don't even try anymore.

Someone once said "Happiness is a warm puppy"! Very true even when you have to get up at some ungodly hour, freezing cold & maybe rain to make sure he pees & poops outside. It seems that the colder it is, the more misrable the longer it takes for them to find that "perfect spot"! :)

Once I get the little bugger to stand still (without falling asleep) I will post some better pics. For now, note the size of his forelegs! Gonna be a strong boy - I hope!

You were right Ditch, hard to do but now it's done I'm glad! ;)










2 comments:

  1. That's bloody brilliant, Llew!!! :D I was gagging for news. But, I thought I'd hang back till ye posted.

    Now, ye'll have ye hands so full and ye head so occupied, one day ye'll look back and wonder where it all went. And then look down at the monster stood beside ye and not care anyway! :D

    One of these days, I'll tell about The Sausage and Pest. I have to break through that. Till then, I can just say that The Orange Dog never new an unhappy day, from the day I got her.

    And Pest is absolutely f***ing Murder! In the best possible way.

    So; That's us, isn't it? Pair of happy old farts, with our Dogs! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, just got to get through the loss of blood now! This little f****ers teeth are like razors! :D Another KG on today so he's growing fast! Also eating me out of house & home so I'll have to cut back on my beer. ;) Stay well mate.

      Delete