Total Pageviews

Monday 6 October 2014

Rhino's & such

The Rhino saga really seems to have caught on - thank God! I was really amazed to see the support we got from around the world - USA, UK, Europe but I never noticed anything from the far East? Virtually every province in the country had good turnouts & awareness seems to be climbing but on the legal & justice side we seem to be lagging behind a tad. 8 Years for poaching? Most probably be out in 5 or less! That really pisses me off!
The police (Hawks I think it was) have managed to collar some suspects higher up the food chain than most of  the arrests to date - I just hope that all the investigative ducks are in a very neat row so that we will see some sort of justice being done!
The unfortunate part is that the big boys will obviously have plenty of money to call on - more than likely from the sale of Rhino horn or Elephant ivory! Amazing how money will always help the evil bastards out of the brown stuff no matter where or how they earned it. I'm still not convinced that we have got to the top of the pile yet as far as nailing the "Big Boys" & I still feel that there is collusion either at Government level or SAN Parks or maybe even Customs & Excise. Certainly there seems to be a lack of urgency in the Far East governmental agencies to try &  assit us in tackling the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment